Conference Funding Program (CFP) provides Alfaisal medical students with the financial support to present their accepted abstracts in any conference around the world.
Applications are open all-round the year. Please make sure your CFP application fulfills all the terms and conditions listed below:
- The applicant must be registered as a full-time student in the College of Medicine.
- The applicant must be an author on the research paper.
- The applicant’s affiliation must be College of Medicine, Alfaisal University.
- Only one student will be funded for each unpublished abstract. No funding can be requested for an abstract that was already funded by URC earlier or published in any journal.
- The research study submitted to the conference must at least be ready for submission to a journal.
- The applicant must have no other source of support for attending the conference.
- Applications for conference funding should be received, in their entirety, no less than 25 working days prior to the conference start date to provide ample time for processing.
- Each student is entitled to only one funding for presenting an abstract in any conference. Only those students who publish their previous presented abstracts in a journal will be excluded from this condition.
- The conference funding program is meant to defray the following costs only – visa costs, air tickets, conference registration (not to exceed the student member early bird conference registration rate) and hotel accommodations (either the conference’s recommended hotel or a hotel of equal or lesser value). Funding will not be covered for food, transportation within the conference city, including car rental, or any other personal expenses.
- Since funds are limited, the CFP only partially funds students for their trip.
- Not all CFP applications are approved. Only those applications that meet all the above criteria and include a reasonable quote will be reviewed by the URC and forwarded to the CoM for approval.
Click here to apply.